All of you who deal with community colleges on a regular basis are no doubt aware of some of the facts about community colleges. But I’ll bet there are a few surprises in the statistics gathered and presented by the American Association of Community Colleges. For instance, did you know:
- 43% of all undergraduates in colleges in the U.S. are in community colleges
- The average age of community college students is 28 years
- 40% of students are 22-39 years old and 16% are over 40 years of age
- 80% of students are employed full or part-time
- Tuition and fees for community colleges average $2544 and for public 4 year colleges, $7020.
Add to that the fact that the U.S. has 1173 community colleges serving 11.8 million students and you have one big, diverse market for virtually any product. HERDI can help you find your niche or improve your positioning. Call HERDI CEO Dr. Toni Cleveland at (804) 516-6970 to find out about our next session in New Orleans, April 7-9, 2011.